★ RAJA AMPAT ISLANDS | INDONESIA ★
The Raja Ampat Islands are located in Indonesia, near the northwest coast of Papua New Guinea, between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean.
It is an archipelago of 1500 small islands difficult to access which is one of the best destinations for lovers of scuba diving (it is one of the most beautiful diving spots in the world). It is located in the coral triangle, where there is an exceptional marine bio-diversity and where we regularly discover new species.
- ‘Raja Ampat’ means ‘Four Kings‘
- There are 1500 species of tropical fish, 13 species of marine mammals and 5 species of marine turtles.
- There are also 75% of the known coral species in the world.
- Raja Ampat was the scene of many battles during the Second World War: you can dive on many wrecks that have been sunk.
BEFORE YOU GO
- How to get there? To get there, fly from Jakarta or Bali to Sorong.
- When to go? The high season is between November and March.
- Book now your hotel in Raja Ampat on Booking.com
Raja Ampat on Google Map:
PICTURES OF RAJA AMPAT ISLANDS