What are the best accessories for Panasonic Lumix GX9?
The Panasonic Lumix GX9 is a very powerful camera (see the reviews). As good as it is, it won’t fit perfectly every workflow, and can certainly do with an extra layer of protection.
Whether you just bought it or are an experienced user, you may want to invest in some accessories. For a reasonable price, you can drastically enhance its capabilities, and your overall experiences.
From street photography to video making, in the studio or in the wilderness, you will benefit from expanding your gear and protect it from common hazards.
We selected for you the 10 best accessories that any Panasonic Lumix GX9’s possessor should consider buying, from batteries to tripod and many more essentials!
Top 10 Best accessories for Panasonic Lumix GX9
1. Screen protector
- item size 74mm*50.43mm suit for Panasonic GH6 Lumix S5II S5IIX S5 G95 G100 GX9(DC-GX9MK DC-GX9MS) GX7 II III FZ300 FZH1 DMC-LX10 DC-LX10 LX10 II DMC-GX8 GX85 DMC-LX10 LX9 G9 G85 G7 G7 II(3pack)+ hot...
- This LCD protector is self adhesive, leaves no imprint silicon and does no harm to Camera LCD screen and yet provide high transprence
- Adhesive for fast, easy and gapless installation without affecting the sensitivity of the touch screen
Screen protectors are a simple yet very effective way to prevent damages on your screen. These kinds of protections are popular with smartphones.
Made out of tempered glass, they will prevent scratches and protect from shocks. They also help with dust accumulation and spillages. The screen protectors are quick and easy to set by following the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Being sold for a ridiculously affordable price, this accessory is a no-brainer, and definitely a must-have to instantly improve your Panasonic Lumix GX9’s durability.
2. Extra battery
The battery life of any camera is rarely enough, whatever the shot capacity per charge it can last. Batteries are long to charge, and running low in the middle of a shooting session can be a great source of inconvenience.
Save yourself some frustration by investing in an extra battery. Having even just a single spare battery will work well enough to use them in rotation. If you are a traveler, or plan a long session outside with nowhere to charge your batteries, having a third one may be a game-changing investment.
We recommend that you buy the original Panasonic’s batteries to be sure to have the best performances and compatibility.
3. Memory Card
- Bundle includes (1) SanDisk 128gb Ultra 120mbs Memory Card and (1) Everything But Stromboli Combo Card Reader - Includes SD, Micro SD, M2, and MS slots for easy transfer
- Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, Rebel T6, 77D Digital Cameras and many other Canon Cameras
- Waterproof, temperature-proof, X-ray proof, magnet-proof, shockproof
Memory cards are not an accessory to neglect. Their capacities and speed can determine whether you will be able to utilize the full capabilities of your Panasonic Lumix GX9 or not. A slow card will stop you from recording in the highest quality, and may affect the burst rate.
On the other hand, avoid buying a card too powerful for your camera. At best, the writing speed will be limited to the maximum allowed by your gear, at worst, it may not be recognized as valid.
If you are not sure about which memory card to buy, Panasonic is listing all the compatible ones on the user manual, or on their website.
4. Memory card reader
- All in One: Designed with SD/Micro SD/CF/MS slots, UGREEN SD Card Reader supports most standard memory cards, including SD/SDXC/SDHC/Micro SD(TF)/Micro SDXC/Micro SDHC/UHS-I/Compact Flash/Memory...
- No More Waiting: USB 3.0 device port reaches up to 5Gbps in transmission rate; transfer large files in mere seconds.
- Simultaneous Work: UGREEN USB SD Card Reader supports reading and writing 4 different memory cards at the same time, eliminating the need to plug and unplug different cards. 2TB cards also supported.
A memory card reader is the accessory to always carry around with you. Not all computers are equipped with a compatible one, as it tends to happen when you need it the most.
You may need to send the files from a shooting session to a client, or to a friend, so being sure to have all the gear you need is important. Memory cards readers are also interesting for uploading multiple cards on a PC or a Mac at the same time.
We recommend that you aim at a USB-C compatible card reader, as they will have a higher speed. Also, if you work with different cameras, a multi-format card reader is a clever investment, though they tend to be a bit slower.
5. Neck strap
- Durable aluminum quick-adjuster handles let you keep your camera as close to your body as you prefer
- Wear as a sling strap, shoulder strap or neck strap; Reconfigure in seconds. Includes minimalistic anchor mount.
- 32mm (1.3in) wide seatbelt style webbing for low-profile comfort; Smooth on one side, gripped on reverse side
Get yourself a solid strap! The Panasonic Lumix GX9, as most cameras, comes equipped with a regular strap that will do the job for some time. But it is not the comfiest piece of gear, and it may become tiring after a while.
If you plan on doing long shooting sessions, a wide, padded shoulder strap will bring relief to your neck and back all throughout the day. If you are more into fast action or street photography, consider investing in a wrist strap.
These accessories are very convenient to carry around and will secure your camera firmly, always ready to snap.
- Solid and fast set up with the new Quick Power Lock System
- Easy Link plug for instant accessory connections
- Built in rotating bubble level
Are you tired of holding your camera all day long? Or maybe you try to snap that perfect night shot, but the result is always a bit blurry? It’s time for you to buy a tripod.
Tripods don’t have to be heavy or bulky. The Panasonic Lumix GX9 is light enough to be accommodated on a lightweight and transportable tripod. Make sure to look for a model with enough height for your need, as well as a wide base for more stability.
If you need a really tiny accessory for your travels, or just to keep on your bag all the time, consider buying a monopod. Despite being less known, they are pretty handy and will fit in any backpack.
7. A bag or carrying case
- Tough eva moulded top armoured section and protective padding all round the bag ensures equipment inside is protected
- Flexible and adaptive dividers inside allow multiple configurations of camera kit to be positioned with ease
- Modular Includes two quick lock straps and a slip lock tripod cup to mount a tripod securely also fits multiple accessories in the lowepro range with the slip lock system
You may not feel the need for a bag or a carrying case, but soon enough this will become mandatory. This is especially true if you travel a lot or if you often work outside.
The Panasonic Lumix GX9 is strongly built, but you would be mindful to take any measure possible to protect its integrity over time. Camera bags are specially designed to be waterproof and padded, so you can transport all your gear without any risk.
Carrying cases will also be great if you have multiple lenses, and to carry your extra batteries, memory cards, and other accessories.
- Supercardioid Shotgun Microphone with Windshield
- Integrated Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- Plug--play Operation
More and more videographers are using cameras such as the Panasonic Lumix GX9 for podcasts, music videos or even short movies. Having a good microphone is essential to record a proper sound. There are plenty of options, from horseshoe mount microphones to wireless lapel mics.
You can also have a look on external recorders, but they will require a bit more post-production to sync the audio to the video. There are different kinds of microphone capsules for different usage, even though cardioid capsules are the most common and versatile ones. Before investing your money, make sure to get one that fits your needs.
9. A cleaning kit
- Great tools for keeping your camera clean and in pristine condition.
- Double sided lens cleaning pen features a dust removal brush on one side and a special non-liquid cleaning element on the other side which is designed to never dry out.
- Reusable spray bottle arrives empty, simply fill it with your favourite cleaning solution.
Your camera and its body can very easily become dirty. Dust and fingerprints can alter the quality of your shots, or even cause more serious damages to your equipment.
Cleaning kits are often cheap and will be very helpful. They are usually composed of lens cleaning pens, microfiber cloths, air blowers and cleaning sprays. Make sure to clean your whole camera body, lens and sensor before and after every shooting session to keep it in a pristine condition.
By doing so, you will considerably extend the overall good functioning of your Panasonic Lumix GX9, and will avoid any bad surprise.
10. UV protection filters
- Ultraviolet filters allow you to correct for the UV effect to varying degrees
- A Good Choice for Digital Photography
- Safe to keep on lens at all times for protection
The sun and stage lights are badly affecting your lenses and even your sensor. UV protection filters are a very affordable way to avoid any problem. They also have the other advantage to add another layer of protection for dust, scratches, fingerprints or moisture on your lens.
They are easy to clean and resistant enough to last for a long while. You will have to find one that fits the diameter or the specific lens you are using. We recommend that you equip all your lenses with UV filters and keep them on all the time, so you are always ready to shoot.
MORE USEFUL STUFF
- Remote Shutter release
- Lens protection
- Photography Gloves
- Polarizing filters
- External hard-drive (Recommended: SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD)
- Metal Hand Grip
- And of course plenty of lenses !
TAGS: best accessories for Panasonic Lumix GX9 camera, Panasonic Lumix GX9 best accessories, must-have accessories for Panasonic Lumix GX9, Best Camera Accessories For Panasonic Lumix GX9, what accessories to buy for Panasonic Lumix GX9, Panasonic Lumix GX9 essential accessories, best camera accessories Panasonic Lumix GX9, Panasonic Lumix GX9 camera accessories, Panasonic Lumix GX9 accessories must have, Panasonic Lumix GX9 travel accessories