What are the best accessories for Panasonic Lumix G9?
The Panasonic Lumix G9 is a very powerful camera. As good as it is, it won’t fit perfectly every workflow, and can certainly do with an extra layer of protection.
Whether you just bought it or are an experienced user, you may want to invest in some accessories. For a reasonable price, you can drastically enhance its capabilities, and your overall experiences.
From street photography to video making, in the studio or in the wilderness, you will benefit from expanding your gear and protect it from common hazards.
Without further ado, here’s a list of the best accessories for your Panasonic Lumix G9.
Top 10 Best accessories for Panasonic Lumix G9
1. Screen protector
- ✪ Optical LCD Screen Protector and Hot Shoe perfectly fit for Panasonic LUMIX G7 G8 4K DSLR Camera LCD Display . Not for other model. Easy to install with 100% bubble-free adhesives, bubble-free...
- ✪9H Hardness - Longer tempering time, which made the screen protector has a higher hardness. Prevents the camera screen from high impact drops, scratches such as keys and knives, scrapes, and bumps.
- ✪99.99% HD Clarity - High-transparency provides high-definition clear viewing.
Screen protectors are a simple yet very effective way to prevent damages on your screen. These kinds of protections are popular with smartphones.
Made out of tempered glass, they will prevent scratches and protect from shocks. They also help with dust accumulation and spillages. The screen protectors are quick and easy to set by following the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Being sold for a ridiculously affordable price, this accessory is a no-brainer, and definitely a must-have to instantly improve your Panasonic Lumix G9’s durability.
2. Extra battery
- 1860mAh, 14.0Wh
- Uses Battery Charger: DMW-BTC10
The battery life of any camera is rarely enough, whatever the shot capacity per charge it can last. Batteries are long to charge, and running low in the middle of a shooting session can be a great source of inconvenience.
Save yourself some frustration by investing in an extra battery. Having even just a single spare battery will work well enough to use them in rotation. If you are a traveler, or plan a long session outside with nowhere to charge your batteries, having a third one may be a game-changing investment.
We recommend that you buy the original Panasonic’s batteries to be sure to have the best performances and compatibility.
3. Memory Card
- Bundle includes (1) SanDisk 128gb Ultra 120mbs Memory Card and (1) Everything But Stromboli Combo Card Reader - Includes SD, Micro SD, M2, and MS slots for easy transfer
- Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, Rebel T6, 77D Digital Cameras and many other Canon Cameras
- Waterproof, temperature-proof, X-ray proof, magnet-proof, shockproof
Memory cards are not an accessory to neglect. Their capacities and speed can determine whether you will be able to utilize the full capabilities of your Panasonic Lumix G9 or not. A slow card will stop you from recording in the highest quality, and may affect the burst rate.
On the other hand, avoid buying a card too powerful for your camera. At best, the writing speed will be limited to the maximum allowed by your gear, at worst, it may not be recognized as valid.
If you are not sure about which memory card to buy, Panasonic is listing all the compatible ones on the user manual, or on their website.
4. Memory card reader
- All in One: Designed with SD/Micro SD/CF/MS slots, UGREEN SD Card Reader supports most standard memory cards, including SD/SDXC/SDHC/Micro SD(TF)/Micro SDXC/Micro SDHC/UHS-I/Compact Flash/Memory...
- No More Waiting: USB 3.0 device port reaches up to 5Gbps in transmission rate; transfer large files in mere seconds.
- Simultaneous Work: UGREEN USB SD Card Reader supports reading and writing 4 different memory cards at the same time, eliminating the need to plug and unplug different cards. 2TB cards also supported.
A memory card reader is the accessory to always carry around with you. Not all computers are equipped with a compatible one, as it tends to happen when you need it the most.
You may need to send the files from a shooting session to a client, or to a friend, so being sure to have all the gear you need is important. Memory cards readers are also interesting for uploading multiple cards on a PC or a Mac at the same time.
We recommend that you aim at a USB-C compatible card reader, as they will have a higher speed. Also, if you work with different cameras, a multi-format card reader is a clever investment, though they tend to be a bit slower.
5. Neck strap
- Durable aluminum quick-adjuster handles let you keep your camera as close to your body as you prefer
- Wear as a sling strap, shoulder strap or neck strap; Reconfigure in seconds. Includes minimalistic anchor mount.
- 32mm (1.3in) wide seatbelt style webbing for low-profile comfort; Smooth on one side, gripped on reverse side
Get yourself a solid strap! The Panasonic Lumix G9, as most cameras, comes equipped with a regular strap that will do the job for some time. But it is not the comfiest piece of gear, and it may become tiring after a while.
If you plan on doing long shooting sessions, a wide, padded shoulder strap will bring relief to your neck and back all throughout the day. If you are more into fast action or street photography, consider investing in a wrist strap.
These accessories are very convenient to carry around and will secure your camera firmly, always ready to snap.
- Solid and fast set up with the new Quick Power Lock System
- Easy Link plug for instant accessory connections
- Built in rotating bubble level
Are you tired of holding your camera all day long? Or maybe you try to snap that perfect night shot, but the result is always a bit blurry? It’s time for you to buy a tripod.
Tripods don’t have to be heavy or bulky. The Panasonic Lumix G9 is light enough to be accommodated on a lightweight and transportable tripod. Make sure to look for a model with enough height for your need, as well as a wide base for more stability.
If you need a really tiny accessory for your travels, or just to keep on your bag all the time, consider buying a monopod. Despite being less known, they are pretty handy and will fit in any backpack.
7. A bag or carrying case
- Tough eva moulded top armoured section and protective padding all round the bag ensures equipment inside is protected
- Flexible and adaptive dividers inside allow multiple configurations of camera kit to be positioned with ease
- Modular Includes two quick lock straps and a slip lock tripod cup to mount a tripod securely also fits multiple accessories in the lowepro range with the slip lock system
You may not feel the need for a bag or a carrying case, but soon enough this will become mandatory. This is especially true if you travel a lot or if you often work outside.
The Panasonic Lumix G9 is strongly built, but you would be mindful to take any measure possible to protect its integrity over time. Camera bags are specially designed to be waterproof and padded, so you can transport all your gear without any risk.
Carrying cases will also be great if you have multiple lenses, and to carry your extra batteries, memory cards, and other accessories.
- Supercardioid Shotgun Microphone with Windshield
- Integrated Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- Plug--play Operation
More and more videographers are using cameras such as the Panasonic Lumix G9 for podcasts, music videos or even short movies. Having a good microphone is essential to record a proper sound. There are plenty of options, from horseshoe mount microphones to wireless lapel mics.
You can also have a look on external recorders, but they will require a bit more post-production to sync the audio to the video. There are different kinds of microphone capsules for different usage, even though cardioid capsules are the most common and versatile ones. Before investing your money, make sure to get one that fits your needs.
9. Polarizing filters
- Ultra-slim frame, only 5.3 mm thickness. CNC-non slips pattern helps install and remove the filter easily. Double side 28 multi-layer coatings hydrophobic, anti-oil, anti-dust, anti-soil,...
- Ultra-slim rim profile to avoid vignetting on wide-angle lenses, while maintaining rotation capabilities to adjust polarization levels. Extra tough lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloy frame ensuring...
- Circular CPL filters allow you to remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water, glass, etc. Also can enhance the color and contrast. Often be used to increase the contrast and...
Polarizing filters are a very useful accessory to have yet many photographers and videographers are not using them. They work the same way as sunglasses, by blocking the direct sunlight.
They can be oriented to fit your shooting conditions. Polarizing filters will help you avoid glares and excessive overexposure on shiny surfaces. You can also get a deeper blue in the sky. The filters are affordable and will be a good fit for all your lenses, below a UV filter for more protection.
10. Vertical Grip
- Authentic LUMIX branded vertical shooting battery grip compatible with LUMIX G9 digital camera
- Grip holds 1 Panasonic LUMIX DMW-BLF19 battery so that the camera operates with two batteries when attached to the LUMIX G9
- Extends camera battery Life for extended shooting time
Vertical grips are definitely not the cheapest accessory of this list, but they are extremely handy. Attached to your Panasonic Lumix G9, they will allow for a better grip in portrait mode.
They are compatible with wrist straps for an even better comfort throughout your shooting session. They also extend the control dials, so you will have a better handling in every situation.
The best part about this piece of equipment is the second battery they host. You will easily double the battery life of your camera without having to stop shooting. This is a must-have for portrait and sport photographers.
MORE USEFUL STUFF
- Remote Shutter release
- Lens protection
- Photography Gloves
- Cleaning kit
- Polarizing filters
- External hard-drive (Recommended: SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD)
- And of course plenty of lenses !
TAGS: best accessories for Panasonic Lumix G9 camera, Panasonic Lumix G9 best accessories, must-have accessories for Panasonic Lumix G9, Best Camera Accessories For Panasonic Lumix G9, what accessories to buy for Panasonic Lumix G9, Panasonic Lumix G9 essential accessories, best camera accessories Panasonic Lumix G9, Panasonic Lumix G9 camera accessories, Panasonic Lumix G9 accessories must have, Panasonic Lumix G9 travel accessories